Policies and Rules
Visitors to the Research Center will need to fill out a registration form, show a photo ID, and check belongings in the Museum lobby.
- $5/day; $10/day (effective January 1, 2014)
- Free for members
- Free for students grades K–12
- Children under the age of 5 will not be admitted
A free and secure coat check is available for your convenience on the first floor at the Visitor Center. Please check:
- Large bags, large purses, backpacks, and briefcases
- Hats, coats, and jackets
- Books, notebooks, binders, and large amounts of loose paper
- Cameras, scanners, and laptop cases
Some lockers are available in the Research Center for small valuables that must be checked.
- Cell phones must be turned off.
- Food and drink, including chewing gum, are not allowed in the Research Center.
- Adults, college students, and graduate students are admitted at any time.
- Children under the age of 5 will not be admitted.
K-12 Students—October through March
During the months when students are completing projects for History Fair, K-12 students are admitted as follows:
- High school students (grades 9-12) must make an advance appointment.
- Middle school students (grades 6-8) must make an advance appointment and must be accompanied by an adult.
- Elementary school students (grades K-5) cannot be accommodated in the Research Center.
- Children of members may be admitted to the Research Center without an appointment, but advance appointments are encouraged. K-8 students must be accompanied by an adult.
K-12 Students—April through September
After History Fair, K-12 students are admitted as follows:
- High school students (grades 9-12) are admitted without an appointment.
- Elementary and middle school students (grades K-8) may conduct research when accompanied by an adult.