Make a Request
Reproduction Request Guidelines
All image requests must be in writing and include:
- Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address;
- The negative/accession number for existing negative work; and
- The specific file name/location/visual reference of the original material for new photography.
If the above information is not available, image research is required. Visit www.chsmedia.org for information on available catalogs and finding aids.
Prepayment is required for all orders.
- Approximately 2-4 weeks from time of payment, with a non-guaranteed date of delivery.
- Rush service (5-10 business day turn-around) may be available for a 100% surcharge.
- 48 hour image delivery may be available at the discretion of the Museum for a 200% surcharge.
- Images are shipped First Class mail (postpaid) unless special delivery is requested and paid for by the user.
We are pleased to support non-profit organizations with reduced rates. Non-profit fees are applicable only to those organizations able to prove legal not-for-profit status by providing suitable documentation such as tax-exempt certificates or letters of identification.
All requests must be made in writing to
Rights and Reproductions Department
Chicago History Museum
1601 N. Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60614
Costs for reproduction of materials from the Museum's collections are the sum of two fees: permission and production fees. The Chicago History Museum reserves the right to require special fees for some forms of commercial uses. The prices listed herein are subject to change.
Copying and image licensing services are available from the Rights and Reproductions Office, located in the Research Center. Fees vary according to the kind of original material copied, the type of copy requested, and the intended use of the copy.
Invoice and Payment Information
An invoice/estimate detailing the order will be faxed or mailed promptly upon all requests. Payments can be made by check, money order, or bank wire transfer. Visa, MasterCard, and American Express payments are also accepted.
All fees are non-refundable and subject to change without notice.
Remote Photocopy Requests
For remote photocopy and architectural document reproduction requests, please download and complete the appropriate form below.> Download the remote photocopy request form
Need Technical Assistance?
> Download Reader® from the Adobe® website.