Elegance and Sophistication
The Chicago Room is one of the newest and most unique event spaces in the city. Following the Georgian style architecture of the 1932 building, the Chicago Room is an elegant space for receptions ranging from not for profit galas to corporate events, providing a premier space for your institutions upcoming event.
Entering through the Sanger P. Robinson Gallery, the Chicago Room features eight east side windows offering breathtaking view of beautiful Uihlein Plaza, the stunning gardens of Lincoln Park, and Chicago’s Gold Coast. The interior walls feature ten large backlit cases that display exquisite examples of stained glass pieces from the collection by notables such as Frank Lloyd Wright, Louis Comfort Tiffany, and Giannini and Hilgart.
While the 4,850-square-foot space evokes traditional styles, the technology is state-of-the-art. At the push of a button, LCD projectors and screens descend from the ceiling, lights dim, and shades cover the windows. The sound system is designed to ensure optimal sound quality. The Chicago Room is equipped with additional equipment including tape, VHS, DVD, and CD players, amplifiers, and receivers for wireless microphones.
Click on an image above for a larger view.
- Reception: 600 guests strolling cocktail reception
- Seated dinner: 310 guests
- Buffets with seating: 500 guests
- Theater style: 204 guests on each side of the room
- Classroom style: 78 guests on each side of the room
- Conference style: 50 guests in a hollow square
- Museum buy out: 1,000 guests
Dimensions and Partitions
- Chicago Room square footage: 4,850 square feet
- Uihlein Plaza square footage: 15,000 square feet
- Chicago Room dimensions: 32 feet wide x 164 feet long x 14 feet high
- Chicago Room divisions: The Chicago Room has two partitions which allow clients to section off the room into two or three separate spaces