A Selected Bibliography for The Pullman Era
- Adelman, William. Touring Pullman. Chicago: The Illinois Labor History Society, 1972.
- Bach, Ira J. "Pullman: A Town Reborn." Chicago History 4, no. 1 (1975): 44-53.
- Carwardine, William H. The Pullman Strike. Chicago: Charles H. Kerr & Company, 1971.
- Cutler, Irving. Chicago: Metropolis of the Mid-Continent. 3rd ed. Dubuque: Kendall/Hunt Publishing Company, 1982.
- Doty, Mrs. Duane. The Town of Pullman: its growth with brief accounts of its industries. Chicago: Pullman Civic Organization, 1974.
- Gilbert, James. Perfect Cities: Chicago's Utopias of 1893. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1991.
- Husband, Joseph. The Story of the Pullman Car. Chicago: A. C. McClurg & Co., 1917.
- Leavitt, Fred. Pullman: Portrait of a Landmark Community. Chicago: The Historic Pullman Foundation, 1981.
- Leyendecker, Liston E. Palace Car Prince: A Biography of George Mortimer Pullman. Niwot: University Press of Colorado, 1992.
- Lindsey, Almont. The Pullman Strike. Chicago: University of Press, 1942.
- Morel, Julian. Pullman: The Pullman Car Company-its services, cars, and traditions. North Pomfret: David & Charles Inc., 1983.
- Pacyga, Dominic, and Ellen Skerrett. Chicago: City of Neighborhoods. Chicago: Loyola University Press, 1986.
- Pond, Irving. "Pullman-America's First Planned Industrial Town." Illinois Society of Architects 18-19, nos. 12-1 (1934): 6-8.
- Schneirov, Richard, Shelton Stromquist, and Nick Salvatore, eds. The Pullman Strike and the Crisis of the 1890s: Essays on Labor and Politics. Chicago: University of Illinois Press, 1999.
- Smith, Carl. Urban Disorder and the Shape of Belief: the Great Chicago Fire, the Haymarket Bomb, and the Model Town of Pullman. Chicago: The University of Chicago Press, 1995.