Chicago Fire


The Great Chicago Fire

Trinity Church, 1871

Trinity Church, 1871. (photo by Jex Bardwell)

Trinity Episcopal Church was erected in 1860 on the south side of Jackson Street between Michigan and Wabash Avenues. Following its destruction in the fire, it moved out of the center of the city, locating in 1873 at Michigan Avenue and 23rd Street, which was at that time the richest residential area in Chicago.



Al Capone
Black Sox
Century of Progress
Chicago Fire
Fire Bibliography
World's Columbian Expo
Parades, Protests and Politics
The Pullman Era
The Stockyards
Fort Dearborn

Previous Next
Previous More

Photo Gallery Main Page Bibliography Main Page History Files Home Page Artifacts Main Page First Facts Main Page

Al Capone - Chicago Black Sox - A Century of Progress - Chicago Fire
The World's Columbian Exposition - Parades, Protests and Politics
The Pullman Era - The Stockyards
Fort Dearborn (Coming Soon!)

Back to the Chicago Historical Society Home Page
Copyright © 1999 by the Chicago Historical Society