A Selected bibliography on the World's Columbian Exposition
- Bancroft, Hubert Howe. The Book of the Fair. Chicago: Bancroft, 1893
- Burg, David F. Chicago's White City of 1893. Lexington: University of Kentucky, 1976.
- Chicago. World's Columbian Exposition, 1893. Report of the President to the Board Of Directors of the World's Columbian Exposition. Chicago: Rand McNally, 1898.
- Chicago. World's Columbian Exposition, 1893. World's Columbian Exposition, 1893: Official Catalogue. Chicago: Conkey, 1893.
- Johnson, Rossiter, ed. A History of the World's Columbian Exposition Held in Chicago in 1893. New York: Appleton, 1897-1898.
- U.S. World's Columbian Commission. Classification of the World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago, U.S.A., 1893. Chicago: Donohue & Henneberry, 1891.
- White, Trumbull and Ingleheart, William. The World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago, 1893. Philadelphia: Historical Publishing co., 1893.
All of the most readily available general histories of Chicago contain chapters on the World's Columbian Exposition. Among these are:
- A History of Chicago by Bessie Louise Pierce (Vol. 3, reprinted by University of Chicago Press, 1975).
- Fabulous Chicago by Emmett Dedmon (New York: Random House, 1953).
- Chicago: A Personal History of America's Most American City by Finis Farr (New Rochelle, N.Y.: Arlington House, 1973).
- Chicago: Growth of a Metropolis by Harold M. Mayer and Richard C. Wade (Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 1969).
- Chicago: Creating New Traditions by Perry Duis (Chicago: Chicago Historical Society, 1976).
Although the Chicago newspapers of the period are not indexed, The New York Times Index provides access to coverage of the Exposition. The books listed in the selected bibliography are available to researchers for use in the Society's library, as well as from other libraries and book dealers. The Society's library and the Chicago Public Library, both of which have the largest collections of Columbian Exposition materials, contain additional sources.