First Facts

CORRECT!
answer: a. 1893

Hull House playground began in 1893 on the Near West Side and continued as a privately funded playground (through Hull House) until 1906 when the city took it over. It was discontinued in 1910.

Hull House in the early 1900s.

Hull House in the early 1900s. (CHS photo by Branes Crosby. ICHi-19288)

Photo Gallery Main Page Bibliography Main Page History Files Home Page Artifacts Main Page First Facts Main Page

Al Capone - Chicago Black Sox - A Century of Progress - Chicago Fire
The World's Columbian Exposition - Parades, Protests and Politics
The Pullman Era - The Stockyards
Fort Dearborn (Coming Soon!)

Back to the Chicago Historical Society Home Page
Copyright © 1999 by the Chicago Historical Society