Pre-K and Kindergarten
Crazy for Trains
Pre-K – Kindergarten Self-Guided Gallery Experience
Play in the past with two of our biggest artifacts: 'L' Car No. 1 and the Pioneer Locomotive.
Crazy for Trains discovery bags are available for use by teachers and chaperones during a Museum visit. The bags help young children explore transportation history through music, role play, and picture books. Use the field trip reservation form to reserve discovery bags for your group.
Each discovery bag includes:
- One copy of Chugga-Chugga Choo-Choo by Kevin Lewis
- One copy of Freight Train/Tren de carga by Donald Crews
- One conductor vest
- One hole punch
- Paper tickets for each child
- Two sets of colored shapes
- Song lyrics, poems, and pictures
- Suggestions for how to use the materials during your Museum field
Pre- and Post-visit Activity Guide
The pre- and post-visit activity guide includes four activities to use before or after your field trip to the Museum.